Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Online Poker and Emotions

This post isn't going to make much sense. Since I just got out drawn about 6 times in a row. Varience. It a bitch. I can't handle it. Hopefully investing isn't as crazy varience as Poker. I would like to post a hand history. Here it goes



PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (10 handed) internettexasholdem.com



CO (t1500)
Button (t1490)
SB (t1460)
BB (t2030)
UTG (t1460)
UTG+1 (t1100)
UTG+2 (t1500)
MP1 (t1500)
MP2 (t1500)
Hero (t1460)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with As, Kd.

5 folds, Hero raises to t100, CO calls t100, Button calls t100, SB calls t90, BB calls t80.

Flop: (t500) 4s, 5d, Kh (5 players)

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets t500, CO raises to t1400, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls t860 (All-In).

Turn: (t3260) 4d (2 players, 1 all-in)
River: (t3260) 2s (2 players, 1 all-in)
Final Pot: t3260

Bad guy flips over A/4...LoL

It is very important to manage your emotion. Online play is probably the most stressful poker playing. I am starting to get frustrated. Most my hands I play online are hands that I am statistical favorites. I would rather lose on bad play because I can just blame myself, but instead I play right and get fucked by the poker gods. It is very frustrating. I know it part of poker and I need to deal with it.

Well back to finance, I think this subject is so interesting. Poker and finance have so much in common. Both are trying to make the best possible solution so you can make the most amount of profit long run. There is such thing is tilt too. You make a bade trade lose money. Emotions take control. You need you understand that everything needs to made with a logical reason. It's about making the best possible decision with incomplete information. The blogs that I list, are the blogs that i think are the most influential blogs to listen to before investing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home